Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Fly to Fresno

AnneF
Explorer C
Solution

Yes! Please add a Fresno and a Santa Barbara stop!  We are traveling from Michigan to Yosemite next year and really would prefer Southwest. My son lives in Santa Barbara and we are stuck with other carriers every time we travel West unfortunately.    Please please add these two!!!! 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you want to see Fresno added, you need to send the suggestion to the airline. You are in a customer forum at the moment, and the airline might not see it..

Here's how to send in your suggestion:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

Tericks1
Explorer C

Santa Barbara Yes Please!

WNFATFAN
Explorer C

A great Christmas present to Fresno with the announcement of new service this Spring.  As the media reports that you're continuing to discuss the cities to serve, my suggestions:

Las Vegas - big market and not served well by Allegiant; great PR as people will tell people about how good Southwest is..

Denver - it will get us one stop closer to the East Coast and not on United's cigar tube regional jets.  

Phoenix - More Texas is just a step away

Oakland - Only because we all know, Hawaii is what we really want to see, but until this Covid mess is behind us, a one-stop through Oakland would be perfect.

One stops to BWI and Orlando - underserved markets with decent O&D traffic.

Where not to fly:

Los Angeles.  Los Angeles.  And, Los Angeles.   Orange County or Long Beach, yes.  LAX, never.  It's too crowded and to get anywhere in the LA Basin from LAX is going to take far longer than a 35 minute flight to LAX.

Thanks Southwest!  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@WNFATFAN I suspect you're on the right track. Using recently announced Colorado Springs as a guide I'm betting you'll see service to northern California, Denver for access to the east coast destinations, local favorites such as Phoenix and Las Vegas, and Dallas is often added as another option for connections.

--TheMiddleSeat

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I definitely think you're on the right track. I'd probably say this:

• OAK/SJC/SMF (WN's main NoCal airports) - The latter two may not be at the start. But these will provide connections for Hawaii flights plus connections to Portland and Seattle though Alaska offers direct service, also provides connections for Boise
  • SNA or LGB or LAX - Los Angeles metro area, I don't see them serving all right now, just one, I don't think they'll do LAX due to capacity at the airport as well as cost.
  • DEN/PHX - Connections further east (Texas, Midwest, East Coast)
  • LAS - Tourism of Vegas of course plus an addition connection point for further east cities
  • SAN - Business and Hawaii flights as well as general travel and some connections
  • DAL/MDW - These may not be at the start or may be seasonal but I definitely see the opportunity for these two airports to have a direct connection to FAT on WN

I think it will be pretty similar destinations for Santa Barbara minus Las Vegas if in the future if it's successful; however, at the start I think it will be like PSP with DEN/OAK/PHX

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@AnneF wrote:

Yes! Please add a Fresno and a Santa Barbara stop!  We are traveling from Michigan to Yosemite next year and really would prefer Southwest. My son lives in Santa Barbara and we are stuck with other carriers every time we travel West unfortunately.    Please please add these two!!!! 

How did you do that?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

RonHerzog
Explorer C

Yes just heard the news and can't wait for you to begin service to Fresno. Please link southern California to Fresno with cheaper and better flights!! I feel like the last time we had this was when Air21 flew the route.