Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hawaii

T-McConahay1
Explorer C

Good morning,

Any word or best "guess'timate" on when SW will start offering the flights to Hawaii? I'm looking to book soon for early next year. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hawaii

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

When you find out, let me know! 🙂

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well no one know fo sure. SW has said that flights will begin next year, but hasn't said exactly when flgiths will be announced..

Part of the problem is that the decision is not totally within Southwest's control. The feds have to certify the aircraft for extended over water operation (ETOPS), and that has not yet happened.

Since I suspect that Hawaii is a big deal to the airline, I expect a big media splash as soon as everything's a go. I doubt that you'll miss it.

TinaADawe
Explorer C

We, also would like to book a flight on SW to Hawaii - but we're going in late November of this year - from the sounds of it we shouldn't wait?  Flights won't beging going there until next year?  

lalakrsfan
Explorer C

We are also hoping to go in Nov this year during Thanksgiving. We fly out of SMF and fares on Alaska and Hawaiin are $1700+ right now, so keeping fingers crossed that an announcement is made and flights start before then. 

TiffanyV
Employee
Employee

Hi @T-McConahay1, we are just as excited! Be sure to keep your eye out on the Community as well as our social channels for more information! 

Tiffany
External Communications
Southwest Airlines Community