Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How Am I Going To Get Home From Pensacola To Nashville on July 4th?

Alsabalsa
Explorer C

I'm headed to a camp for a week or so in Pensacola, and I just now got confirmation that I got into the camp. I'm close to Nashville so I'll be flying out of there to Pensacola. However, the last tickets for the flight back sold out a day before I could get them. It was the only flight to Nashville that Pensacola had, and now I have no idea how I'm going to get home. 

I've thought about just getting a hotel room for the night, but one: it's dangerous for a girl to be all alone. Two: I'm not even old enough to get a room yet. 

So I'm left with trying to find some kind of flight home. I've tried to find flights out to any other airport, and then get to Nashville from there, but half of the airports aren't operating on that day or are booked. Does anyone know how I can find a list of flights that end up in Nashville, no matter how many layovers? Please, I just need a way to get home, any kind of idea is worth a try.

EDIT: At this point, legit I will take ANY FLIGHT outta Pensacola. Is there any way to find all the flights one airport has for July 4th, like EVERY flight? If there is one flight left, I WILL TAKE IT.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How Am I Going To Get Home From Pensacola To Nashville on July 4th?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'd suggest hat you  ask your parents for help. You are running into full flights as people are travelling for the holiday.

There are flights on other airlines from Pensacola to Nashville. I've looked, but in general the connections are pretty awful.

Maybe you could stay at camp for another day and then travel out on the 5th. That way you wouldn't have to be in a hotel by yourself. There is more flight availability for flights on the 5th,

Also, people cancel flights all the time. Check your flight on the 4th a couple of times a day. You might get lucky and find that a space has opened up for you.

Alsabalsa
Explorer C

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try that. The camp doesn't allow anyone to stay later than noon on the 4th, but I'm sure I could find someone that could help me out. I'll keep watching for cancelations, thanks again!

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately the Southwest flights out of Pensacola are currently sold out on July 4th. However after doing some research on other airlines there is an American flight with 2 connections for $53 (plus bag fees) or a 1 connection for $98 (plus bag fees) 

i know American surely isn’t my favorite but they do have seats for now. 

Heres 1 idea that may sounds complicated however you could book the American flight and you have 24 hours where you can cancel for a full refund to your credit card. So you could book the American flight and at say 23 hours after booking look back on American if the flight price is unchanged you can cancel and rebook and your 24 hour clock will restart. While doing the book cancel rebook process you can continue to check back on Southwest to see if seats open up. 

Are you able to fly out on the 3rd? If so there is a Southwest flight that evening. 

If you’d like I can check a couple times throughout the day and let you know if I see a seat open up. Keep an eye on your email as I can tag you here and it will notify you that I tagged you so you can then know to go look on Southwest and book. 

-Blake 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Alsabalsa 

If you haven’t booked yet I have some good news!

so I just wanted to let you know I did some checking again tonight since schedules seem to be changing and it look s like Southwest has added a non stop flight from PNS to BNA on July 4th the tickets are currently $49 and it leaves at 6:45pm 

If you still need the flight i would act fast before other book the flight. 

This is one one of those rare times that southwest added a flight so take advantage. 

-Blake