Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How is southwest airlines doing on hawaii routes??

Will0329
Explorer B

Im curious as to how southwest is doing with their mainland to Hawaii flights?? Over the past 2 years many of southwests Hawaii to mainland flights have been axed.

It would be nice to see non stop service from burbank,California to honolulu and Maui on southwest airlines.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How is southwest airlines doing on hawaii routes??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Not sure what you are referring to when you say axed. Southwest flies to Hawaii from 8 different mainland cities. While it's not BUR, Southwest does fly out of LAX and LGB.

You can send your suggestion about BUR to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: How is southwest airlines doing on hawaii routes??

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Will0329 wrote:

Im curious as to how southwest is doing with their mainland to Hawaii flights?? Over the past 2 years many of southwests Hawaii to mainland flights have been axed.

It would be nice to see non stop service from burbank,California to honolulu and Maui on southwest airlines.

BUR is so small. I'm just a fellow passenger but I see it being so valuable for people traveling around California and nearby parts I don't foresee it being a Hawaii gateway due to the limited number of gates when there are other alternatives in the area.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.