Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How many hours late for weather for a voucher?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Thank you ! I love vouchers !  I work part time so a late flight

is no big deal for $200 vouchers  per person ! Note vouchers do not cover tax.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How many hours late for weather for a voucher?

bec102896
Aviator A

Usually when a flight is delayed or cancelled because of weather compensation is not given. If you got a voucher because of weather enjoy it's not normal to get a voucher since southwest can't control the weather. 

-Blake

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

free hotel?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If your flight is cancelled due to weather hotels are not usually provided. On occasion they will give a discounted hotel voucher but usually the only time a hotel is given as compensation is when a maintenance cancellation happens and the airline can't get you out till the next day. 

If you are wanting compensation for a delay you will need to Contact Customer Relations

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

Once when I was en route to Vegas I had a connecting flight in Chicago and while I made it to Chicago, our plane was delayed several hours due to some type of battery issue, compounded by the fact that it was going to snow later that day possibly making the flight even more delayed. I remember the agents saying a required part was being flown in on a different airplane *by itself* so the part could be installed on our plane. Once it arrived and was installed, we were able to board and depart. 

Long story short, because of the delays Southwest gave everyone a $100 voucher - that was nice!

--Jessica