Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If southwest has to drop cities which cities qould they drop??

Will0329
Explorer B

If southwest unfortunately has to drop cities from its route map due to covid what cities would they be??

2 REPLIES 2

Re: If southwest has to drop cities which cities qould they drop??

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately that's something none of us here will know. I guess you could say they could leave any city at any time for any reason sure they probably won't leave the hub cities but outside of that who knows. What I do know is that the decision to leave a city is not taken lightly and many factors go in to that decision such as load factors at a given airport or where is the next closest airport Southwest serves. How many employees will be impacted and can some of those employees be relocated. Those are just a couple things an airline looks at when looking at that difficult decision although there are many more things being looked at that we as customers may not even realize. This also goes for starting service at a new airport lots of things to look at like cost and number of possible customers. 

With what cities they should drop I think they shouldn't drop any and hopefully they continue to grow and expand the international footprint and beat out the other guys. 

-Blake 

Re: If southwest has to drop cities which cities qould they drop??

dfwskier
Aviator A

What's the point of speculating? If/when it happens, then you'll know.

Besides itraffic levels are improved over those at the start of the pandemic, and thus cutting cities is less likely now than it was then.