Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Just double checking how price adjustment works

sovike77
Explorer C

So yesterday I booked a one way flight and it was $310. I used a $98 luv voucher and then $212 was on my card. Today I look and the flight it $260. If I do the change flight option do I get the $50 difference back? Or does it negate the voucher I already used and actually charge me the full $260, since I paid less than that

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just double checking how price adjustment works

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The price difference ($50 credit) will be given to you in the form of a travel fund.  It will have the expiration date of the travel fund that you used when purchasing the flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If the $310 was a Business Select then you can be refunded the difference, but you'll have to choose that the system may offer a travel fund by default.

If WGA fare, then travel fund will be how you hold the difference in fare for future travel.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

So if you booked less than 24 hours a go you could *cancel* request a refund and rebook and that difference you would keep on your credit card. keep in mind this will only work if you booked less than 24 hours a go and you need to cancel and rebook not change reservation. 

if it’s after the 24 hour mark you can just change the reservation and get a credit for use on a different flight use by the expiration date which in your case will be the expiration date of the oldest travel fund/LUV voucher applied to your reservation.