Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

KC to San Diego?

CGinKC
Explorer C

Lately, when Southwest posts fare sales from KC, San Diego is has not been an option even though most every other city is an option. Any reason why? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: KC to San Diego?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer to customer forum, I suspect that no one here will be able to answer your question.

All I can say is that I'm in Dallas and it seems that some cities never go on sale from Dallas either.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Keep in mind that the published/advertised sales are not the only price decreases Southwest makes.  Often you'll see price drops for flights that are not advertised or mentioned anywhere, the only way to find them is to search for the flight and compare prices versus previous days.  This is also why when you book a flight you should continue to check the price for that flight often (daily if possible) until departure as prices do go up and down all of the time and if the price goes down you can get credit for the difference.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Echoing what themiddleseat said, I frequently find prices that are lower than the advertised "sale" prices.