Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Knoxville needs Southwest due to population growth and transplants

Soranja
Explorer C

I moved to Knoxville in lat 2017 to build my real estate business. The population of Knoxville in certainly growing at a rapid pace, with the tax breaks offering an alluring prospect to business as individuals alike. I myself travel fairly often for both business and pleasure and find the lack of  flights to the West Coast ridiculous considering the rapidly increasing population of transplants from California, Oregon, Washington, Florida and The Eastern Seaboard. There is also the ever expanding UT and it's monster Medical School. About 50% of my business is relocation and student/teacher residency. If Southwest were to offer services to major cities where the very few other (crappy) airlines that service Knoxville, I think they would be pleasantly surprised by the demand for flights and the brand loyalty you will find here. I pretty much always fly out of Nashville for this reason and TBH, there are no transportation services from Knoxville to Nashville, nor are there any puddle jumper flights, so most of us are stuck driving 2.5 hours there and back which is very cumbersome. 

SW, please consider starting at least some basic flights at the Knoxville Airport. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Knoxville needs Southwest due to population growth and transplants

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

Southwest is always expanding they are in Hawaii now you never know keep putting it out there 💛💙♥️

dfwskier
Aviator A

The problem is that SW is missing 10% of the fleet it expected to have. That equates to 10% fewer flights. The reason: MAX grounding. Once the MAX grounding is iifted the airline will add somewhere between 70 and 85 planes. Then it will add add back some of the service that was cut, and probably add some new service too..

You can always tell the airline that you want it to see it add Knoxville service. Here's how:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

Soranja
Explorer C

Well, I do hope to see them soon. I know the airport is working hard on expanding the runways and hopefully they'll start building out the terminals as well. I think the demand is really going to go up in the next couple of years.