Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LAX to LIR Route

kirstenc
Explorer C

I'm reposting this because the questions in my original post were not answered and the post was erroneously marked as resolved.  

Hi Brie-

Thanks for the response.  However, when you search for flights from LAX to LIR in June or beyond there are no flights available.  There used to be a daily direct flight from LAX to LIR, but even in June those flights include a layover in Houston and after June they are simply unavailable.  

In addition, the cancellation of the LAX to LIR route was reported publicly months ago here:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2017/01/06/route-map-shake-up-southwest-....

I have to say that is a extremely frustrating to be told multiple times by SW employees that a flight route exists when I know that it does not.  I called customer service twice before posting here trying to get information about the future status of this route and was told twice by them that I just needed to try different dates or check the flight schedule.  I found the article above by doing a simple Google search.  

It would be much appreciated if the original questions in my first post could be addressed:  "Is there someone at SW Airlines I could direct these comments to who has some decision making ability?  Have there been discussions about bringing this route back?  

I've also noticed the price of the flights from Houston to LIR have spiked dramatically.  Is this route next to be eliminated?"

Thanks again for your time,

Kirsten

Hey @kirstenc,

We still have our LAX-LIR route but it is a limited route that is only on certain days. Have you tried searching for that route on Southwest.com? The Low Fare Calendar could be helpful is showing you which days that route operates. 

I just checked the flight schedule here. 

Where are you having trouble finding the route? 

Brie 

Southwest Airlines Community 

Good morning,

I'm a dedicated and loyal SW customer.  I fly an average of 2-3 times a week for work and always appreciate the flexibility of SW.  

That said, I was VERY disappointed to find out that SW has cancelled the LAX to LIR route which, for all intents and purposes, cancels all travel from CA to Costa Rica.  It is impossible to get a connecting fight out of Houston because no flights arrive in Houston in time to catch the only flight to LIR.  

Last year, I flew to LIR from LAX 4 times in 6 months and every flight I was on was either full or close to full.  SW provided an affordable and convenient option for international travel and it's very disappointing the decision has been made to no longer provide it's customers with these options.

Is there someone at SW Airlines I could direct these comments to who has some decision making ability?  Have there been discussions about bringing this route back?  

I've also noticed the price of the flights from Houston to LIR have spiked dramatically.  Is this route next to be eliminated?

Thanks for your time.

Kirsten