Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lack of Non-stops from HOU

rjcharron
Explorer C

I’ve flown Southwest for business travel out of Houston Hobby airport for many years, but for the last month or so I noticed significantly fewer non-stop flights available.  Several route I fly regularly such as Sacramento and Jacksonville have no non-stops at all now.  Could this be due to route changes since the issues in December?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lack of Non-stops from HOU

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Technically every departure from an airport is non-stop 😛

Non-stop to SMF is available on Saturdays beginning June 10. Daily non-stop begins July 11

Non-stop to JAX is currently daily, looks like Sunday is removed at some point and then returns later on. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Lack of Non-stops from HOU

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rjcharron wrote:

I’ve flown Southwest for business travel out of Houston Hobby airport for many years, but for the last month or so I noticed significantly fewer non-stop flights available.  Several route I fly regularly such as Sacramento and Jacksonville have no non-stops at all now.  Could this be due to route changes since the issues in December?

There was a noticeable shift towards short-haul flights so that across the whole network it seemed like there was a bit more expectation that flyers going a longer distance might be more likely to be making a connection.

Some of the longer non-stops are still out there, it sounds like if you can move dates around there might be some options.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.