Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Layovers in Indy

krichel3
Explorer C

Hi,

I am traveling from Newark or Laguardia to the west coast and would like to stop an see my daughter during my layover in Indianapolis. Which flights layover in Indianapolis?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Layovers in Indy

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You'll need to enter the "book a flight" screen including departure and arrival cities and date of travel.  Hit enter and a list of available flights will appear. Then scroll down that list of flights to see which(if any) stop in IND.

Example below

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/select.html?adultPassengersCount=1&departureDate=2019-10-02&de...

I just looked, and there are no nostops between either Newark or Laguardia and Indianapolis - at least for the one date in October I searched.  So you are unlikely to find what you want.

Chicago Midway would be your best bet..

Re: Layovers in Indy

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If I remember correctly any layover that is part of a one way reservation on Southwest would be limited to 4 hours anyway, and that's IF you could find one that happened to stop in Indianapolis. The best way to handle this would be to book a multi city trip or make multiple one way reservations, Newark or Laguardia to Indy, then Indy to your west coast destination. Then you can control how much time you spend in Indianapolis.

--TheMiddleSeat