Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mexico City

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I was on a flight this weekend going to Amarillo, TX.  When checking the flight tracker I always see the little red circle of SWA destination cities and that blue dot for other points of interest.  When I scrolled down to Mexico I seen the red dot on Mexico City as an SWA destination?  When I was going to book a  flight a couple of years ago to the see NFL game that was being played there, it showed that SWA didn't fly there anymore.  Am I missing something or is the flight tracker indicating the wrong thing?   I'm hoping I missed the fact that SWA is still/returned to flying to Mexico City because I'm booking a flight soon.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mexico City

dfwskier
Aviator A

Nope, you are not missing anything. Southwest no longer flies to Mexico City.

SW and quite a few other airlines pared Mexico City routes a bunch before the pandemic hit.

For the other airlines, my understanding it was a lack of nationals flying US airlines, instead preferring their home grown ones,

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/intl/?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-INTL

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

My guess is that they just hadn't updated their inflight map yet to add/remove cities that they serve.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

Mexico City

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@5280Av8r I'm sure that is the case, thanks.

aerooda
Explorer C

I really hope they start flying again to Mexico City. 
it has been so hard to find a good airline that treats you nice and is respectful that flies to Mexico City.