Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

More flights coming this summer?

ChadMMart2
Explorer C

I'm looking to get away this summer and feel like I'm playing chicken with prices. Has anyone heard rumors about Southwest (or other airlines) adding more routes as demand is clearly rising? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: More flights coming this summer?

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Airline have been adding frequencies and even new destinations across the board with the anticipation of busy summer leisure travel. 

Southwest has added many new destinations: Miami, Sarasota, Destin-Fort Walton, Steamboat, Montrose/Telluride, Chicago-Ohare, Houston George Bush, Bozeman, Santa Barbara, Fresno, Myrtle Beach with Eugene, OR starting later this year and Jackson, MS resuming in a few days.

Other airlines as well have added frequencies. There are many aviation specific news places out there. The Points Guy, Airways Magazine, etc and you can read all about that stuff or you can periodically look at airline's newsroom page. For Southwest, it's swamedia.com

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ChadMMart2 wrote:

I'm looking to get away this summer and feel like I'm playing chicken with prices. 

You  don't have to do that..Remember that Southwest does not charge a fee to change a ticket.. So you could buy your ticket now, and if a better price comes along, you can change your ticket and pocket a travel fund for future use.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Definitely one of the best hidden perks ^^ 🙂

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger