Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Name Template for Group Travel Question

KMW627
Explorer C

Hi,

I need help on the Group Travel Name Template.  It asks for "Last Name" then "First Name and Middle Name" and then..."Passport Last Name" and "Passport First Name".  Under "Passport First Name"  do I include the middle name if it's showing on the passport?   For example, "John Paul" or just "John". 

I've called Southwest, but I got two different answers.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Name Template for Group Travel Question

bec102896
Aviator A

So if your doing an international group reservation you would fill out the passport info as it appears on the passport (if the passport has a middle name enter it if not dont enter it) if your doing domestic travel (within the United States) you can leave that whole section blank you don't need to provide the passport information. 

If doing domestic travel you should enter the names as they appear on each person's ID 

If you have any further questions about group travel let me know and I can try to help as I have done a few groups myself. 

Side note: check the price of your trip up until you make the final payment in case the price online goes down you can call the groups department and you might be able to get the group for cheaper. 

Hope this helps

Blake

Re: Name Template for Group Travel Question

KMW627
Explorer C

Thank you SO much!  So, just to clarify, if my passport says "Kathryn Marie Wright", I would write as follows"

Passport first name: Kathryn Marie

Passport last name: Wright 

When I called Southwest two people told me to leave out the middle name (which confused me), and one person told me the same thing you just did! 

I'll definetely check on the lower prices as well!