Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New and returning routes-May 2019

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

With today's release of the flight schedule through January 5, 2020, Southwest has added some routes. Some are brand new and others seasonal returns.

Check it out here: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southwest-airlines-extends-flight-schedule-through-the-end-...

--TheMiddleSeat

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New and returning routes-May 2019

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

🛫

TNGuy
Explorer C

I am surprised that Southwest has never considered flying at least in season into JAC  Jackson Hole  They have the aircraft and they did fly there a few decades ago for one winter season. Now JAC is the busiest airport in Wyoming with 4 major Airlines serving jet service incl. Frontier in season. A direct flight from say Houston or Nashville to Jackson would work. Southwest would be competitive and make money. Jackson is my old home town and I can tell you Delta, American and United are flying full. 737s and 757s work well for that runway and altitude.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@TNGuy wrote:

I am surprised that Southwest has never considered flying at least in season into JAC  Jackson Hole  They have the aircraft and they did fly there a few decades ago for one winter season. Now JAC is the busiest airport in Wyoming with 4 major Airlines serving jet service incl. Frontier in season. A direct flight from say Houston or Nashville to Jackson would work. Southwest would be competitive and make money. Jackson is my old home town and I can tell you Delta, American and United are flying full. 737s and 757s work well for that runway and altitude.

I would share your suggestion with Southwest directly though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint this way they can pass on the destination suggestion to the right department. Facebook or Twitter is the quickest and easiest for a response. 

-Blake