Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New locations wishlist

southfresno
Explorer C

Does anyone have any locations you wish Southwest would fly to? Me and my family desperately want SWA in Fresno, Calif. I've been waiting to get a SWA credit card until they do. In fact, if they start flying to Fresno I'll convince all my friends and family to get a SWA credit card too!

There are after all 4 million people in the San Joaquin Valley, and with no SWA access.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: New locations wishlist

franktravel
Aviator B

I would recommend getting the card now.....  You could be stockpiling all your points.  Points do not have to be used just for flights....  So they would not go to waste.

Good Luck! 

franktravel
Aviator B

St Maarten please!!!!

marivic901
Explorer C

My husband and family members are with SWA rapid rewards and love the airline.  We would love for SWA to be able to depart and arrive at Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR) which is 30-45 mins from Sunset Beach, NC.  Hoping our wish can come true very soon!

ctrabs0114
Explorer C

Not new locations, per se, but I'd love to see SWA add service from Pittsburgh to Oakland/SFO and/or San Diego. San Diego is currently the largest O&D market without a non-stop flight to Pittsburgh; the only option from Pittsburgh to the San Francisco Bay Area is a legacy carrier's flights to SFO (a carrier, in this case, I'd prefer to avoid at all costs).

alffan
Explorer C

The Western U.S. is growing by leaps and bounds. Southwest claims to be California's airline. I do a lot of business there and have to fly to either Burbank or San Jose and drive hours. It's crazy to think they cannot add at least Fresno. Someone stated that there are five major national parks and it's 90 minutes from Bakersfield.

Fresno is the largest metro population area not served by Southwest now that Honolulu has been added. To allow American and/or United to dominate a market like that is crazy.

I live in Phoenix, which ironically, is the #1 city flown to from Fresno. DFW (Southwest's HQ is crosstown Love Field) is #2 followed by LAX, Denver, and SFO. 

Southwest should go in there with Phoenix, Love Field, LAX, Denver, and maybe do Oakland.

Most importantly, this is also a huge opportunity to build their vacation business some of the greatest national parks in America.  Southwest claims to be California's airline, but you they really are California's big rich people city airline.

SunnySB
Explorer C

Santa Barbara - even just a couple of flights per week would be great.  I miss flying SWA.

KikiSB
Explorer C

Yes!  Santa Barbara! 

karajo26
Explorer C

I would LOVE to see some flight options to Montana and Wyoming! Cities like Bozeman and Jackson Hole offer incredible tourism opportunities and growing business travel needs as well. I would be overjoyed to be able to use my favorite airline to visit my favorite places! With Southwest's bags-fly-free policy, I can only imagine it would hands-down be the airline of choice for the thousands of outdoor enthusiasts who visit these destiantions in both summer and winter seasons. 

CaraBethP
Explorer C

I agree! I just planned a 10 day trip flying into Rapid City and out of Jackson Hole. I HATE the airlines we have to use for the trip. Would much prefer SWA!