Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Non-Stop Flights LGA - MCO?

mike_DUS
Explorer C

The Route Search Tool shows that there is a Non-Stop connection between LGA and MCO, but I can't find any non-stop flights on any day
We're planning to travel on July 10th, but I also checked some other days in the upcoming months and no match

It the Route Search Tool wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No Non-Stop Flights LGA - MCO?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Is the route map wrong? No, but this is a rather unusual situation based on what I found. There appears to be one non-stop flight LGA-MCO on Saturday, January 4th and that's it. There could be another one off flight somewhere else in the calendar (I didn't check everyday), but it's unusual for Southwest flights to not have a pattern such as every Saturday for several months. The January 4th flight could be the last of a series of Saturday flights that have been occurring and aren't happening on Saturday, December 28 because of a holiday adjustment. I would guess on January 5th the route map will no longer show a non-stop flight on that route.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

Good question, these are fun to research.

No, the tool is correct, for example there is a non-stop flight #5192 on Saturday, January 4th.  I didn't search for additional dates but if you wanted to look then the easiest way is to use the Flight Schedule calendar (weekly view then search for "non" as you toggle through each of the weeks).  Here is the view where I found the flight I mentioned:

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/results.html?departureDate=2019-12-29&destinationAirp...

Customer | Home airport DCA

mike_DUS
Explorer C

@SWDigits wrote:

the easiest way is to use the Flight Schedule calendar (weekly view then search for "non" as you toggle through each of the weeks). 

That's an amazing technique Smiley Very Happy

Maybe Southwest picks it up and provides a better way to search for non-stop flights
The Route Search Tool may not be wrong, but it isn't very helpful either

Thanks to all of you for helping/explaing

bec102896
Aviator A

My guess is that LGA-MCO is a seasonal route or it could be a route that’s is being discontinued all together since it’s not showing up on any other Saturday that I checked after January 4th.