Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Non Stops between PVD and South Florida?

LopesRI
Explorer C

Has anyone seen or learned of any intent that SWA may have to reinstate these routes? What is a 2.5 hour flight non stop is now over 5 hours; and good luck if you get delayed at your connecting airport.

Hey SWA - You should be loyal to mid size cities like Pvd that helped establish your airline!

#BebetterSWA.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: No Non Stops between PVD and South Florida?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't know what specific south Florida destination you had in mind, but there are currently non-stops available from PVD to FLL, TPA, RSW, and MCO.

Routes and schedules change as demand and other business factors change.  Sadly, there are only so many planes to go around so not every route that looks great can be served.  You're welcome to submit your feedback to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Last time I looked, FLL is pretty far south in Florida.

LopesRI
Explorer C

while FLL is pretty far south in Florida, current;y there are no non stops from Pvd. What is normally a 2.5 to 3 hour trip is now a 5 to 6.5 hour trip.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There is a non-stop between PVD and FLL on Saturdays beginning November 12 and on Sundays beginning January 8.

--TheMiddleSeat

LopesRI
Explorer C

Thanks but is hardly enough and certainly not anywhere near what it once was and should be.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@LopesRI wrote:

Thanks but is hardly enough and certainly not anywhere near what it once was and should be.

Well, you can always  tell the aniline that you'd like to see flights added. Click on contact us below to proceed

Southwest's decisions are unlikely to please each and every one of the 335+ million people in the country. You are unhappy about one of them.

I guess you have two options. Fly Southwest of fly someone   else - the same option every flier has every time a flight is booked.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LopesRI wrote:

Agreed, it is just that the title of your post said "no" non-stops, it would have been clearer if you said that you'd like to have Southwest add weekday non-stops. 

Use the Contact Southwest Customer Service options to let the airline know directly, we're all just fellow customers so we can sympathize or offer alternate suggestions but we don't have any influence on setting the schedule and routes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: No Non Stop Flights between PVD and South Florida?

LopesRI
Explorer C

Thanks

Re: No Non Stop Flights between PVD and South Florida?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Story of my life!! Try getting from PHL to anywhere in Florida! Anywhere! MCO, MIA, FFL, TPA ... Nonstops literally do not exist which boggles my mind. Getting to FL takes 6-9 hours or *more* with stops as far away as Chicago or STL when it should take 3 hours going south, not west.

Nonstops exist on American though ...

--Jessica