Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more non-stop flights???

juliehoek
Explorer C

Please tell me why they no longer fly straight thru from GRR to MCO???? Ahhhh! Please please please bring those flights back!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: No more non-stop flights???

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @juliehoek,

There are a lot of things that go into schedule planning, but ultimately supply and demand are a big part of the equation - I'm sorry your nonstop flight between GRR and MCO went away for the time being. It's a difficult decision to make significant changes to a market's flight schedule, as we know that no matter which routes we alter, some Customers may be inconvenienced. I hope you'll take heart in knowing that we are constantly reevaluating our flight schedules, and hope we can still meet your travel needs. 

Traveler1942
Explorer C

Southwest has had flights from PVD to PBI for the Easter Passover season.  This year they were pared down to once a week.  This seems to be a popular route.  Do you have any plans to run this flight once a week for the entire year.  We love the PBI/ISP route (two wonderful smaller airports).  This route makes travelling so much more convenient for people who live north of the West Palm Beach area.  A once a week flight from PVD to PBI would also be a great convenience instead of having to use either Boston (huge inconvenient airport) or Fort Lauderdale (always crowded) and not convenient for those north of West Palm.

We have family and friends in the Providence area who travel to the Palm Beach area a lot and having the PVD/PBI flight would certainly make their and my day.

We have a mentally challenged son in RI who travels to Palm Beach area to visit with us and vice verse and we always have to hike to Fort Lauderdale and wait with him till the plane departs.  This procedure takes up most of the day.  He needs to be on a non-stop flight.

Any news on this front?

Barbara

Bronson4422
Explorer C

Seems like something more is happening. I think the changes are more widespread than implied.

I received the same boiler plate reply when asking the same question about the disappearance of non stop flights for Sept 4, 2018 from ISP to MCO.

I checked all of Sept and Oct and there were just a few early morning (6am ) flights and some were already sold out. Almost all days had no non stop flights until either 10:40 or 12:40. That means a 2.5 hr flight now takes 6 plus hours and most of the first day of my vacation. Not to mention the logiastical problems being handicapped. 

paday2
Explorer C

The STL-MCO flights are pared way back with the new schedule. I know you can't predict the future but is this a normal change that has happened before in the winter and flights have been reintroduced in the spring?

GMarion
Explorer C

PLEASE BRING NON STOPS BACK I BEEN FLYING 12 YEARS NON STOP I HAVE TALKED TO MANY PEOPLE THAT SIT NECK TO ME THE OLDER ONES AND I WAS TOLD THEY FLY WITH SOUTHWEST BECAUSE OF NON STOP MANY HAD WHEEL CHAIRS AND IT WAS EASY FOR THEM WITH NON STOPS   FLIGTHS  YONSTOPS OUR GOING TO LOOSE MANY ELDERS IF THERE ISNT A NON STOP 

bec102896
Aviator A

@GMarion

What non stop flight are you looking for? Schedule changes are tough calls but they have to do it at times to adjust from slow markets to growing markets. maybe the non stop you want will come back on a future schedule release as some routes have seasonal non stops. 

Blake 

dwexler
Explorer C

Why are there no direct flights out of PHL to PBI???

dwexler
Explorer C

looking for NONSTOPS - PHL to PBI...  There used to be nonstops during the season (Dec-April) what happened???

bstanz
Explorer C

Are the non stop flight coming back for the season for EWR TO MCO and EWR TPA?