Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No non stop flights Islip to PBI for FFL

Palladir
Explorer C

I am very disappointed to find that when I went to book my normal April flight to my home in Florida from Long Island Islip to WPB or FFL that there are no non-stop flights offered.

I have been flying this route on Southwest for over 15 years and although the # of non-stops have been decreased, there is always at least one or two per day.  Now there are none.

Maybe time to find a new airline.  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No non stop flights Islip to PBI for FFL

jksobonya
Aviator A

Pretty incredible that no more nonstop flights would make you want to stop flying Southwest altogether? Southwest got rid of nonstop flights from PHL > LAS in *2019*. I'm still here. Flight routes change all the time - especially as we claw out of a 2 year pandemic. 

Plus ... have you seen the price of gas lately? 

Plus ... Islip is a tiny airport. I flew there once. TUL is also tiny - I can't even remember the last time I had a nonstop from PHL > TUL. It's probably been a solid decade. 

--Jessica

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

For Better or Worse,

Full planes equate to more flights to meet the demand.

Partially full flights equate to consolidation of routes to fill the planes especially at a small airport.

I feel you pain on fewer non-stop flights, but I know for a fact you can fly with out a plane change From Islip to PBI via BWI. (At least this was still the case last month since I boarded a plane that came from Islip on my way to PBI)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Looks like Frontier is the only airline offering a non-stop from ISP to FLL in April. I would rather fly Southwest with 2 stops than get on a Frontier flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

According to a search on Southwest's Schedules, they have a Saturday only nonstop flight ISP-PBI in April.

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/results.html?departureDate=2022-04-03&destinationAirp...

-Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

Ltchatty
Explorer C

Southwest announced today on a flight from PBI to Islip that there will no longer be any nonstop flights between the two airports. 

rkatz1949
Explorer C

Sorry Andrew, your answer just doesn’t cut it. I have companion status and a list for 9 years since we moved from Long Island to South Florida. It is an insult that Southwest has taken down daily nonstops to PBI/FLL. Not even during high season! I have to conclude that they no longer value my business. 

rkatz1949
Explorer C

I have companion status and a list for 9 years since we moved from Long Island to South Florida. It is an insult that Southwest has taken down daily nonstops to PBI/FLL. Not even during high season! I have to conclude that they no longer value my business.