Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non Stop Bay Area to Miami/FLL flights

shadowwite
Explorer C

I have been looking for direct flights between Bay Area (SFO/OAK/SJC) to Miami City/FLL and there is none to my surprise. (Until the newly released Jan 2022 schedule)

While other airlines have multiple day/red eye flights not sure why SW has none in the route. The best we currently have is via DEN or AUS which actually takes 7 to 9 hrs now. (Basically wastes a whole day) in travel. 

How can we request for Non stop flights as a user community to serve two large metropolitan cities/hubs. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Non Stop Bay Area to Miami/FLL flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Transcontinental flights like that are not a major component of Southwest's route map, they tend to run things through a few "hubs" although they aren't even traditional hubs.  As you've seen, a route like that is going to have at least one connection.  If you happen to live in Dallas, Chicago, or Denver you luck out with fewer connections required to get to other places.

You're welcome to submit suggestions directly to Southwest Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Use the "Contact Us" link below and tell Southwest directly. 

As a side note - does Southwest do red eye flights? Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never seen red eyes as an option on any flights that I take to/from PHL. 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No, Southwest does not do red eye flights. Up until a few years ago they weren't even possible with Southwest's reservation system. Now it's technically possible, but still not something they do.

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

@jksobonya wrote:

As a side note - does Southwest do red eye flights? Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never seen red eyes as an option on any flights that I take to/from PHL. 

--Jessica

No they don't.   You rarely see one leave after 9pm or arrive after midnight. 

The longest direct flight I've seen is Vegas to FLL.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

@jksobonya wrote:

--Jessica

No they don't.   You rarely see one leave after 9pm or arrive after midnight. 

The longest direct flight I've seen is Vegas to FLL.  

We had PHL > LAS and back nonstop up until 2019, then they eliminated the nonstop route and 1-2 stops is now the norm. *However* I am starting to have hope it will come back - on future itineraries there are now options for one stop, no plane change. I haven't been able to book something like that in years, so I am hoping an actual nonstop is next!

Plenty of Vegas flights coming back to Philly arrive after midnight though. 😶 My next trip in a few weeks, I leave Vegas at 2:25PM and get back at 12:30 with a stop in DEN. At least it's a Saturday so I don't have to work the next day ... I've had to do that one too many times, lol.

--Jessica