Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non Stop Flights to Sacramento

lcoyner64
Explorer C

I have flown round-trip non-stop to Sacramento from Houston for YEARS, and now they are no longer available and the flight time is DOUBLED.  This can't be a matter of it being an unpopular destination because the flights are ALWAYS completely full.  What is going on?  I fly this route regularly and this is insane!  Is Southwest still working on their scheduling system, and are the non-stop flights expected to be restored?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Non Stop Flights to Sacramento

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This was asked about recently and non-stops are coming soon.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Routes-Destinations/Lack-of-Non-stops-from-HOU/m-p/155477/highlig...

--TheMiddleSeat

lcoyner64
Explorer C

Thanks!

sr103
Explorer A

many non-stops were discontinued during Covid,   as travel increases, and staffing and equipment issues are resolved, some routes will be restored (if it pencils out).  There is a lot of math and variables, including competition (Routes and employees).

Dynamic situation, buit you can check the loads on current Houston to Sac (SMF) and see if there is a lot of passenger load pressure,  maybe sooner than later you will get restored.  There are several routes I'm hoping to see restored, but the world has changed (espcially at SWA) so what once was, may never be (again).