Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non-stops

maryh1959
Adventurer C

What has happened to all the non-stop flights? I have absolutely no desire to fly north to go southwest. I really liked the non-stops because you can get there faster without worrying about your luggage making the connection with you.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Non-stops

floridaguy
Aviator C

Nothing has happened to them.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Nothing has happened to them.  

Hahahaha. Try booking a "nonstop" from PHL to anywhere in FL ... they don't exist. What should be a 3 hour plane ride nonstop is 9+ hours with connections as far out as MDW or DEN ... 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Every flight is a non-stop if you think about it.  It just turns out you don't want to go where they are going.  You left out the important detail of what city you are using as your home airport so it's hard to provide any info about your particular circumstance.  Southwest does appear to be more focused on getting you into the larger hubs then branching out to smaller cities than it was previously.  You are welcome to write Southwest and encourage them to get additional destinations from your city.   Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

What nonstop flights are you referring to? A lot of flights were suspended due to the pandemic and are slowly coming back as demand recovers. Southwest may be a point-to-point airline, but they still have somewhat of a hub model because there's not enough demand to fly from any airport to every other airport nonstop. The point-to-point model more determines how they select their routes in that they focus on routes that have high O&D traffic and they do that primarily from their focus cities with some nonstop routes outside of those focal points (Ex: Portland, OR to Palm Springs). Southwest doesn't only fly in the southwestern direction 😝

Andrew E

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

jksobonya
Aviator A

@maryh1959 wrote:

I have absolutely no desire to fly north to go southwest.

Or west to go south/north, as is the case from PHL to FL and back! 

One of my new favorites: MIA to DAL to PHL! Make it make sense lol. I get that DAL is a SWA hub ... but MIA to DAL to PHL?! How is this a logical route lol

--Jessica

floridaguy
Aviator C

I just flew nonstop Orlando to Pittsburgh and it was a nice flight.  Right at two hours.

Preboarded too!

...over the ocean blue...

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am looking for a nonstop flight from Montreal Canada to the Andromeda galaxy.  

Does anyone know the code for the Andromeda galaxy?  Maybe ADG?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I am looking for a nonstop flight from Montreal Canada to the Andromeda galaxy.  

Does anyone know the code for the Andromeda galaxy?  Maybe ADG?

ADG is Lenawee County Airport in Michigan.

If you could keep the conversation to something useful that contributes to the discussion that would be appreciated.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would agree that a better airport code would be used for the Andromeda galaxy.

Thanks for clarifying.