Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PLEASE RESUME FLIGHTS TO BELIZE!!!!!!

Bze
Explorer C

My family and I love to travel and would love to flight to Belize in July on a southwest plane.  Southwest is always our first choice when we're flying. The other airlines are flying to Belize and we don't want to fly with them, so I was wondering when will southwest resume flights to Belize?  The 20 of us are trying to hold out before booking with the other airlines. We can't wait too long. Can somebody from southwest please give us an answer? Thank! We love Southwest! 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: PLEASE RESUME FLIGHTS TO BELIZE!!!!!!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Glad you are trying to stick to SW!

Since this is a customer care forum, I encourage you to direct your feedback and question directly to SW using a Contact Us option below.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Bze
Explorer C

Will do, Thank you!

sszeak
Explorer C

I am wondering the same thing. We had to fly American in February but would like to schedule another trip. I would like to wait and fly Southwest but I need to know when and if they will start flying to Belize again!!

CMan
Explorer C

SW just opened up their calendar into November yet still no Belize flights.  Their entry requirements have not been any different than Hawaii for months so they can't keep using that as an excuse.  

We are planning a trip in July and it looks like we will have to fly UA instead of our preferred carrier (SW).  So much for using my companion pass.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

The airline will resume service when it feels the traffic will justify it.

You know, you can use your CP on other routes?

AJ72
Explorer C

I have no problem with them making a business decision. It would be nice if SW came out and said that.  It doesn't seem to be Covid-19 restrictions that are preventing them from flying to these destinations.  It is a bit frustrating for loyal customers who can save some cash by flying with either points or a CP to international destinations.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@AJ72 wrote:

I have no problem with them making a business decision. It would be nice if SW came out and said that.  It doesn't seem to be Covid-19 restrictions that are preventing them from flying to these destinations.   

And what does it buy you to know  that? You already know  it's know it's not virus related because other airlines fly there. So if it's not virus  related, it must be a business decision. No???

Tansy
Explorer C

I have a son living in Belize and wish they would give a reason why they have not resumed flying there. Any time I flew Southwest to Belize the plane was always full. I had to take a United flight to see my son this spring. I have accumulated a LOT of rapid rewards points and would like to get my reward. If they are not planning to fly there anymore they should say so and quit using the pandemic as an excuse. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Tansy Airlines adjust routes frequently and Southwest has chosen to adjust theirs. I don't see the pandemic being used as an excuse, perhaps a good opportunity to look at other routes that could be more profitable. Southwest has added numerous cities during the pandemic so this clearly shows they are evaluating all options. There's no business reason for them to formally announce the discontinuation of a city that is currently on hold. There are plenty of places you can use your RR points to fly to, go enjoy.

--TheMiddleSeat