Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Petition to bring back Map Search Tool by Price

mchinsomboon
Explorer C

Hello fellow SW flyers, please help support this petition to bring back the Map Search Tool by Price.

For those that dont know what it is too, it was a way to enter your Start city and dates, select the max price and see a map of places to fly within that budget. It was a great way to find last minute flights as well as compare routes. I travelled a lot more when it was available - as I would find I had a few days free and would see where I could go last minute. I imagine it was a great way to fill empty seats for SW too. 

Many other external sites like Kayak have a similar tool, but those sites aren't allowed to include SW flights. 

If you want to bring it back, please reply to this post to support it. Perhaps someone at SW will see it's popularity and benefits to everyone.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Petition to bring back Map Search Tool by Price

bec102896
Aviator A

@mchinsomboon 

Have you sent Southwest an email telling them how much you miss that feature? If not I would. you can do so by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of this page.

I did like that feature even though i only used it a handful of times before it was retired. I know they also had a thing called DING fares I miss that as well. do you remember those? 

Hope this helps

Blake

mchinsomboon
Explorer C

Hi @bec102896 , I have and seems like others have here too: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/search-by-map-function-HAS-BEEN-RET...

I dont know what DING fares are, but do tell 😉

Coloradomum
Explorer C

I miss the map search tool by price! It was fun to see where you could go on a weekend within a certain budget. Please bring this back, Southwest!