Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Punta Cana

queen1979
Explorer C

I am wanting to book a flight to Punta Cana leaving in November and returning in December.  I have a message across the top of the page that Southwest is awaiting approval from the government to fly there but do expect it shortly and don't expect it to impact my trip.  Am I safe to book tickets?  I am afraid I will book, and then they won't get approval to fly there and it will be too late for me to get tickets on another airline.  Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this kind of thing before?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Punta Cana

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@queen1979 Can you provide a little more detail? I don’t see any restrictions on Punta Cana flights. For example, when I look for flights from Nashville to PUJ based on the dates you mentioned, I see several options and no messaging about anything pending approval.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Punta Cana

bec102896
Aviator A

@queen1979

i just tried searching a few routes myself during those dates and don't see the message you are talking about with waiting approval. 

could you by chance take a screen shot and send it here that way we can try to help or if you provide the city you see the message happening to like if you see it when searching from MCO or BWI to PUJ as it may be a glitch with a specific date or city pair. 

Thanks 

Blake