Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Quad City International Airport

smo104
Explorer C

In August of 2018, the director of MLI and Southwest airlines have talked and said that they both wanted to fly to the airport. They said they would be in contact over the next year and it is almost the end of that year. So I was wondering if anything has been talked more about it seriously and if Southwest is ever going to fly here?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Quad City International Airport

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

No one here will know the answer to that question.

IMO it won't happen anytime soon since the airline is down a whole bunch of planes due to the MAX groundings, the return of leased planes, and the retirement of other planes. Planes are going to airports more important to SW than the quad cities.

Sorry.

jdchmbrln
Explorer C

Looking for an update here.   The 737 Max is back in service and Southwest has added a number of destinations.   Will the Quad cities be one.   I run into many team that drive to and from Chicago but they are either from the quad cities or going to the quad cities.   I think it would be something that could be a good route for Southwest. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You're certainly welcome to submit your suggestions directly to Southwest, but no one here will be able to tell you if this is something that will be happening. Southwest loves making surprise announcements and has added a number of cities to their map recently so you never know.

Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

It's definitely something to wish for! But like others said, this is a community of customers, so no one will be able to give you an answer until after Southwest publicly announces something and that is if they do. Moline seems promising, but IMO there are many other destinations that southwest will likely favor over Moline.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest