Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reno to Philly

wanderlust_lamb
Explorer B

So I am surprising my husband with a trip to Tahoe for his 40th birthday in July and was having a hard time finding decent flights. SW had a great flight option back from Reno to Philly (even though we usually fly BWI - Baltimore) with one stop, but no plane change, but of course it was just completely changed and isn't nonstop anymore, very early in the AM and with a 3-hour layover. I even booked an AA flight (cringe, I know) going to Reno just so we could take that no plane change flight back home. The flight options are simply terrible and also were cheaper yesterday but just went up today. I really hope more options become available or prices change, as I am watching things fluctuate just in the last 24 hours. Travel is so frustrating right now! Thanks to all who are listening to me vent! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Reno to Philly

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You could try mixing airlines. I'm not sure where you are connecting but Southwest and United have a few DEN-RNO options so perhaps between the two airlines you could get where you want to go. SFO may be another good option for a couple different airlines. This is harder to do if you plan to check bags, but still worth looking at.

--TheMiddleSeat

wanderlust_lamb
Explorer B

Thank you for your help/fast response! I've looked at so many options haha and ironically, the switch is in Denver! I'm going to keep poking around in the next few months/see if anything changes. Thanks again! 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Story of my life! I fly to Vegas regularly from Philly and they discontinued nonstops in 2019. *Very recently* they started adding "1 stop - no plane change" flight options but the vast majority are 1-2 stops with plane changes. And a lot of the flights either leave at 5 or 6AM, or they leave much later and arrive at midnight. There's only 1 or 2 flights out of any given day that arrive at what I would consider a decent hour in the early to-mid afternoon. 

--Jessica

wanderlust_lamb
Explorer B

Oy, how frustrating! Yeah, these super early morning flights are so not ideal - sigh. I was so excited they had the (original) flight from Reno to Philly at a decent time in the morning and no plane change. Wah! Thanks for your empathy!