Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Resume flights to Nassau

Brandystar
Explorer C

Any updated information for when SW will resume flights to Nassau? We have credits from our trip we cancelled last summer and a trip booked for July. I’m getting really nervous waiting this long to book a flight. Also any idea why SW is one of the only major airlines NOT resuming flights to the Bahamas? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Resume flights to Nassau

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I wish I could give you the why, but at this point, all we have is what is on the website: "service will resume at a later date."

If it would make you feel better, you might decide to choose another airline and save your travel funds for another SW trip.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheAisleSeat
Explorer C

We also have a trip planned for July and literally just booked flights through American yesterday. We couldn’t wait any longer. Would be helpful if SW would tell us WHEN they have plans to open up so people could make more informed decisions l.  Super frustrating. We waited as long as we could. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheAisleSeat wrote:

We also have a trip planned for July and literally just booked flights through American yesterday. We couldn’t wait any longer. Would be helpful if SW would tell us WHEN they have plans to open up so people could make more informed decisions l.   

No airline can tell you what it "might" do. They can only tell you what they "will" do.

How would you feel if SW told you that it had plans to resume service in July. Then based on that

you made informed decisions and plans. Then n the 15th of May it told you "we've had a change of plans and it won't happen. I bet you'd be mad.

As I said earlier

No airline can tell you what it "might" do. They can only tell you what they "will" do.

It seems that at this moment SW can't tell you when it "will" resume service to Nassau so it says nothing to avoid disappointing  people