Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Resumption of flights to Grand Cayman

bombero
Explorer C

HI there--does anyone have any insight into when flights will resume to Grand Cayman?

thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Resumption of flights to Grand Cayman

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Information about resumption of international service can be found here:

https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA&cbid=5047032

Currently the status for Grand Cayman is "service will not resume before January 2021"

--TheMiddleSeat

bombero
Explorer C

Yes i see that--was asking when they will resume not when will they not be flying until. Does anyone have insight into this?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Again, "service will not resume before January 2021"

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

The public only can get "public ally available" information. When the airline announces resumption of service, then that information becomes "publicly available."

Until then "not before January 2021" is the best you are going to be able to get.

Sojourner
Explorer C

OK, now we're well past January 2021. Any news on resumption of international flights for Southwest? Not seeing any current news. I'm specifically looking for Liberia, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

All information about resuming international service can be found at the link above.

--TheMiddleSeat

Sojourner
Explorer C

The generic information found on that link is vague and non-specific to destinations with regards to Southwest's plans to resume. Unfortunately, not helpful. I'm also looking for any industry reporting/news.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That is the information currently available.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Sojourner wrote:

The generic information found on that link is vague and non-specific to destinations with regards to Southwest's plans to resume. Unfortunately, not helpful. I'm also looking for any industry reporting/news.

Sorry, but the generic information is the best you are going to get.

No  airline releases schedule information until it is sure of the schedule. If Southwest were to announce that service would resume in June, and  then not have it happen in June, people would be screaming that Southwest "told us" that it would happen in June. "We made plans based  on what Southwest "told us" and Southwest has let us down" -- is what people would be saying.

And that is why generic information is the best you are going to get.