Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SOUTHWEST - AN AWFUL AIRLINE

Whobar
Explorer C

Middleseat, 

I know that you are greatful for your job at SW. I just wish that your company could handle things better. If every company was using the weather as an excuse for cancelled flights like SW this far past the storm. no one would be traveling anywhere for the holidays. I am glad you made it to you family, wish I did. Must be good to have an inside track. Can you what percentage full a plane has to be to not get canceled? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Whobar I do not work for Southwest.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Southweststinks wrote:

Dear middle seat - were you impacted by the mess sw created this Christmas?? No you weren’t so keep your arrogance to your self. 

Hmmm, I was unaware of the fact that SW is so powerful that it created the weather system that is the real cause of the mess.

Southweststinks
Explorer B

Dear middle seat, actually it’s your ignorance that supersedes your arrogance. Do you know how to use Google? If not ask someone to help you, there are dozens of articles on southwests meltdown, that strangely 🤔 other airlines are not experiencing. 

douginKY
Explorer A

I flew SWA to RSW last month, one way, and flew DL on the return for my scheduling convenience.  One thing I noticed about DL, and this was a first for me, is that anytime your bag gets moved somewhere you get a message in the DL app.  In other words, when I made my connection in ATL, I was sitting on the plane and got a pop up on my watch to tell me my bag had been loaded.  Of course, DL charges for checked luggage so that is different than SWA, but worth noting the availability of the tech.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@VeryUnsatisfied wrote:

I arrived into Chicago last night from Denver, and waited at baggage claim for 30 minutes before having to go ask where my bag was. The attendant looked it up and just shrugged, “oh, it’s still in Denver”. 

Wait - how would they know that? Seems like an odd thing to say with certainty. 

The solution for lost luggage and tracking it down has become easier with technology: buy an Apple AirTag and toss it in your luggage. You can track your bag practically in real time so you'll always know exactly where it is. There is an Android-equivalent called Tile Mate.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@VeryUnsatisfied wrote:

I arrived into Chicago last night from Denver, and waited at baggage claim for 30 minutes before having to go ask where my bag was. The attendant looked it up and just shrugged, “oh, it’s still in Denver”. 

Wait - how would they know that? Seems like an odd thing to say with certainty. 

The solution for lost luggage and tracking it down has become easier with technology: buy an Apple AirTag and toss it in your luggage. You can track your bag practically in real time so you'll always know exactly where it is. There is an Android-equivalent called Tile Mate.

--Jessica

A useful suggestion unlike demanding the airline implement a tracking program, thanks @jksobonya

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

"demanding" and "suggesting" are not the same.  Please refrain from using words that were not present in my posts.

Thank you.

ALISTLUV
Explorer A

@TheMiddleSeat take a lap.  

He loves to jump into threads and let everyone know SW did everything it is suppose to do and owes nothing to the customer.  Very helpful as always.    

Find a hobby.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ALISTLUV looking at the OP's complaint, please tell me what was so horrible about the experience that would make Southwest "an awful airline"?

The bag was delayed and the OP had to wait in line.  Ok, how is that different than any other airline?  Traveling at the busiest time of the year and they had to wait?  Wow, so surprising.  Overall, the OP's expectations were unrealistic.

Within 24 hours Southwest provided a voucher for the inconvenience and I would bet has since provided the OP with their bag and also provided compensation for necessities purchased as is policy.  Again, what about this makes Southwest awful?  Also, the OP claimed they were cheated out of something, but there is no clarification as to what exactly they were cheated out of.

Speculating about technology changes Southwest "could" make has nothing to do with the OP's post related to how the issue was handled and does nothing to assist them.  Providing them the appropriate place to contact Southwest does help them if they wish to pursue the conversation further.

If I'm going to take a lap it will be a victory lap for correctly providing information that would immediately provide something useful the OP could do.  Posting here, suggesting Southwest do things differently, is nothing more than an old man yelling at the clouds.

--TheMiddleSeat