Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SOUTHWEST - AN AWFUL AIRLINE

mjrich
Explorer C

It's pretty hilarious you're calling out other people's comments as being "unhelpful" when your only point is "s*ck it up buttercup". That's not helpful.

It is difficult as hell to get ahold of Southwest. They have these communities here so people can post about their experience. These people are using this tool correctly. You should just be quiet if you can't be helpful.

bec102896
Aviator A

@mjrich wrote:

It's pretty hilarious you're calling out other people's comments as being "unhelpful" when your only point is "s*ck it up buttercup". That's not helpful.

It is difficult as hell to get ahold of Southwest. They have these communities here so people can post about their experience. These people are using this tool correctly. You should just be quiet if you can't be helpful.

They recommended submitting feedback to the airline that’s all they can do no one hear can issue a boo hoo voucher no one here can implement a new policy or fix all we can do is give a suggestion on how one can actually reach the airline if they want something to change   The only way an airline knows an issue exists is if they know about it 

Jwthompson
Explorer B

I totally agree, they are rediculous!! They lost our flights luggage, over 30 passengers luggage and it took well over two hours to unload luggage for theirs who received theirs. No one will answer calls, no supervisors will tell us where our luggage is. We have three small children with no clothes and are now on our second day of vacation trying to talk to anyone. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Never did I suggest a time machine or utilizing any of the laws of physics.  Let me try this again for you.

Presently, Southwest utilizes a barcode system to track luggage.  I am proposing that by BEING PROACTICE (First Habit in Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) Southwest could share the information with passengers in realtime format.

Then, there is no need to become frustrated over waiting to engage someone, you can see that your luggage is delayed and can see that before your flight leaves.  Then, Southwest could take any late luggage and advise the passenger in advance the next steps.

People are afraid to check luggage because of this very reason that the OP described.  Due to those mishaps, everyone wants to cart their wardrobes, chest of draws, riding mowers, grand pianos, travel trunks, etc. on the plan to stow in the overhead compartments.  This is why there is so much consternation over carry on baggage.

Please try and be objective and see this problem from the OP's state of view.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy let me try this for THE THIRD TIME... Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message to Southwest. Nothing other than that is useful to resolving the complaints you have. That is the sole piece of constructive advice given in this thread.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I've read and understood your posts a few times now.  However, my comments here are in support of the OP and whether I decide to formalize my concerns with Southwest directly is my choice, mine alone.

Please refrain from inhibiting a healthy discussion.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Presently, Southwest utilizes a barcode system to track luggage.  I am proposing that by BEING PROACTICE (First Habit in Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) Southwest could share the information with passengers in realtime format.

Southwest flew 123,000,000+ people in 2021. Since more people are flying this year I expect the end of year number will be in excess of 130,000,000 people. I expect that means it transports in excess of 100,000,000 bags - some people check none others check 2 or more.

You're suggesting SW develop a new system to track and notify 100,000,000+ people a year. This for the relatively small number of "late" bags as a percentage of 100,000,000+ bags transported. 

I'd rather have SW not spend the money  on new systems to fix a relatively small problem and keep my fares lower instead. 

Hmmm, what should SW do? Benefit 130,000,000+ people or a much smaller number?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@floridaguy Southwest does not offer baggage tracking to customers like other

No airline is perfect in handling bags and based on how this incident was handled I would continue to fly Southwest.

--TheMiddleSeat

$100 voucher, I would even prioritize them for that.

The airline wouldn't have offered that if the check-in was late, but that's something for others to watch out for as well is having enough time on one of the busiest travel days of the year to get the baggage loaded. 

Personally I'd say watch out for overly long layovers as well, there might be some tendency if the luggage is there too early that it gets missed as well.  1-4 hours is a happy medium.

The barcodes are kind of new, that's actually good progress for them to be able to know where the bag was compared to ten years ago they would have to call Denver and see if someone could see it there, or deduce where it might have gone accidentally if it weren't offloaded for instance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Southweststinks
Explorer B

Dear middle seat - were you impacted by the mess sw created this Christmas?? No you weren’t so keep your arrogance to your self. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Southweststinks yes I was, thank you for asking.

My flight from DEN was delayed 3 hours, I spent 30+ minutes in line to check bags, arrived at my destination to a single ground crew so we sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes, then at baggage claim waited another hour for bags. Throughout the process I tried to be friendly to every Southwest employee I interacted with and was grateful for their service. I said multiple times how thankful that I was not the one working in the below zero temperature at DEN. At my destination I even gave a Southwest Kick tail (employee recognition program) to the employee at baggage claim who had to deal with some horrible customers. Honestly, I'm not sure what will happen when I try to return home tomorrow, many flights continue to be canceled or delayed, but I remain optimistic and thankful for those who work so I can be with family. 

You can choose to be nasty or choose to be thankful. Merry Christmas to you.

--TheMiddleSeat