Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW changed my flight from nonstop to one stop more than doubling the flight time.

TPRTravel
Explorer C

My family and I booked a flight from Pit to MCO for July 29, 2022 to meet with family for a special event. We take this nonstop flight 2-3 times per year for the past decade even during Covid.

After myself and family booked our normal round trip paying for Business Select Southwest canceled our nonstop flight. There were 4 nonstop flights that day at approximately 5:00 am, 9:55 am, 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Southwest canceled the 9:55 am flight that we booked. If this was not bad enough Southwest changed our flight to 6:25 am arriving in MCO at 12:00 noon.

After using Southwest almost exclusively for more than 10 years, this is unacceptable service and out-right slap in the face to any Rapid Rewards customer! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SW changed my flight from nonstop to one stop more than doubling the flight time.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

When Southwest changes your flight you are eligible for a one time free change. Look to see if there is another flight you would prefer and contact Southwest to change it. You are also eligible for a cash refund if you want to cancel. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: SW changed my flight from nonstop to one stop more than doubling the flight time.

TPRTravel
Explorer C

I called and then submitted comment to SW as a Rewards Member. Neither the call or the comment resolved my problem with SW changing our flight schedule. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest changed an 8AM flight to leave at 5:30AM for me ... lol. And there's really no better alternative. If I wanted to change it now, I might gain an hour, but flights jumped in price so it's not worth it. I have also been flying for more than 10 years and made A-List this year. 

Schedule changes happen and flight paths change. 

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

You could change to the 10:15am 1 stop no change or the 5pm non stop for free since they made a change to your reservation. 

Currently there is a pilot shortage so southwest had to cut a bunch of flights from the summer schedule. They make these changes as early as possible to give you time to change plans if needed. 

TPRTravel
Explorer C

The pilot shortage is partly self-inflicted by SW.

This is the first flight for my 4 year old grandson, changing planes is not an option.

There was four direct flights for 7/29 when I booked 5:30 am, 9:55 am, 5:00 pm & 9:00 pm and SW cancels the the 9:55 am flight-?

Thanks SW you are really looking out for families during the summer vacation season.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
@TPRTravel wrote:

This is the first flight for my 4 year old grandson, changing planes is not an option.

There was four direct flights for 7/29 when I booked 5:30 am, 9:55 am, 5:00 pm & 9:00 pm and SW cancels the the 9:55 am flight-?

While a stop is inconvenient, I fail to see why it is a complete non-option, even with a 4 year old.

And, as you have said, there are still 3 other non-stop flights on that same day.  It seems a bit unnecessary to raise this much of a fuss about having to change to one of many other options on the same day, including 3 non-stops.

--TheMiddleSeat