Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW refuses to help after they made us stay in Chicago another day!!!

timpatridge
Explorer C

Flight scheduled for 8 Am 8/1 get email at 5:30 that flight delayed to 9am. no big deal. get another email 10 minutes later saying flight canceled. well already checked out of hotel and on the way to the airport. get there and desk clerk says no flights available until next day. they say nothing they can do about a hotel room or anything. so call the customer service line. they say well you can MAIL your receipts to this place ( that supposedly doesn't have a phone number or email address) . in the mean time i am out 500$ because they canceled a flight a refuse to help us at all!! anyone have any ideas? about to go on a big social media rant if this is not fixed!!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SW refuses to help after they made us stay in Chicago another day!!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

What was the reason provided for the cancellation?  That's the biggest factor in how things are handled.  You may also want to look into trip delay/cancellation coverage on your credit card.  Those benefits are often overlooked and can help with these things.  It seems like Southwest provided a method for you to file a claim, you just don't like it?  Mail in the claim and see what happens, but as I said, the reason for the cancellation will decide everything.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: SW refuses to help after they made us stay in Chicago another day!!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@timpatridge wrote:

Flight scheduled for 8 Am 8/1 get email at 5:30 that flight delayed to 9am. no big deal. get another email 10 minutes later saying flight canceled. well already checked out of hotel and on the way to the airport. get there and desk clerk says no flights available until next day. they say nothing they can do about a hotel room or anything. so call the customer service line. they say well you can MAIL your receipts to this place ( that supposedly doesn't have a phone number or email address) . in the mean time i am out 500$ because they canceled a flight a refuse to help us at all!! anyone have any ideas? about to go on a big social media rant if this is not fixed!!

A social media rant won't do anything constructive in regards to reimbursement. But when you mail your receipts be brief and factual and I hope for the best. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.