Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW to Hawaii!

r4cohen
Explorer B

Let's start a petition to Southwest: We want SW service to Hawaii. There've been hints this may happen next year. That's more likely to happen if lots of us say Yeah! So... Yeah!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW to Hawaii!

calichick925
Explorer C

I've heard hints that they were working on it (even ordering more long haul planes)....but nothing for the last year. I second the petition to go to Hawaii! OAK is such a big hub for SW it makes sense.

Spinkick
Explorer C

Yes, please!! I can't wait for this.  Since there are many Hawaiians living in Vegas and it is a popular destination for islanders I think it would make more sense to fly out of there and give Hawaiian Air a run for its money. 

I usually fly direct over and then the night flight back to SFO but would gladly break up a direct over to fly SW. Since I leave from ORD  the United hub, it will be nice to go on a line that does not necessitate one to bring their sparring gear.

buttercup
Explorer C

Aloha! I was just cleaning up my bookmarks after my Hawaii trip and decided to vist here.  It would be great if SWA starts to fly to Hawaii.  If they will still allow 2 suitcases inlcuded in the fare as they do for mainland travel.  Heck I would be ok if just 1 suitcase was included.  My family and I just went to Hawaii.  Had to fly on a different carrier than SWA of course, but I don't fly other airlines very often. In fact the last time I flew another airline was when we went to Hawaii two years ago on Delta.  This time  I booked on United about a week before that debalce with the man being dragged off the plane.  So we just had to hope for the best.  We flew regular economy, and it was pretty basic.  I remember the old days when we could bring luggage to check-in, and it didn't cost another $25 each.  And we didn't all have to have carrry-on suitcases because of it.  Now it requires real strategy to go on a trip to Hawaii.  

United did not impress me at all.  Even the gate attendant from Kahului, Maui was sort of rude and asked everybody she check boarding passes for if they were going to check in their carry on piece.  It was the way she said it, that just rubbed me the wrong way.  We had more legroom on a 20 minute flight from Oahu to Maui on Hawaiian Air than we did on an eight hour flight from Houston to Honolulu on United.  And no meals were included in either of our flights back to the mainland even though they were 6-8 hours long.  Jeez.  Yes, you could purchase, and I did, but I'm paying over $1,100 for a single RT ticket here.  Anyway, would love to hear about your experience flying to Hawaii on any carrier lately.