Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Santa Anna (SNA) to Portland, Oregon (PDX) and return, where did all the direct fligths go?

frederm2010
Explorer C

I have been an A list member for a year and love then benefits obtaining this perk.

One of the biggest reasons I chose SouthWest was because in 2014 they added many Direct flights from SNA to PDX and had a nice article about adding these flights.

Come 2017: Where did all the direct flights go?

Now I have to switch planes to go from Portland to Santa Anna (2:10minute direct flight) and take 4-5 hours to get there.  On the flights from SNA to PDX i have to stop over and sit on the runway for an hour to pick up more passengers. I understand this is common but didn't used to be the case. 

I fly once a week between Portland Oregon and Santa Ana (Orange County). the flights I am on (i fly Wedsnesdays and Thursdays) seem to always be full.

Are other routes being cut? What are the reasons for these cuts? does this happen every year so they can figure out the best routes? 

I really do like SW and have always used them. I hope that someone can shed some light on why a dastric change to flights for 2017. I was really hoping to find a customer support board as this would probably be better there.  But maybe others are seeing the same things for their flights too.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Santa Anna (SNA) to Portland, Oregon (PDX) and return, where did all the direct fligths go?

rklompus
Explorer C

I have the same problem with the SNA to DAL flight that ran everyday for all of 2016. 

Doesn't make sense why SWA cancel routes that were constantly full and going to waste a perfectly good A-List Preferred status trying to build up status on another airline in 2017.

Re: Santa Anna (SNA) to Portland, Oregon (PDX) and return, where did all the direct fligths go?

jennyh323
Explorer C

I also no longer see the once a day direct flight from STL to SNA in 2017. Are those cut as well?