Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Santa Barbara Please!

Spartacus
Explorer C

Please add Santa Barbara to your routes! I'm forced to take Amtrak most of the time rather than pay for overpriced United and American flights.

I can't be the only one who wants a Santa Barbara route.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Santa Barbara Please!

KikiSB
Explorer C

You’re not the only one!  Everyone I ask wants Southwest in Santa Barbara.  So many wasted drives to LAX when a quick flight would do it. San Diego, too. And how great would it be to fly to Oakland and take BART to SF? 

Ccorwin
Explorer C

Yes, yes!! I travel a lot for work and live in SB... would serve the business and leisure travel community.... 

not it sure what the criteria is but I think SB is a logical choice for the central coast...

GoodDayDJ
Explorer C

YES! I can't tell you how much we would LOVE to fly LOVE to Santa Barbara! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Pretty good response here!

SBA would be on the smallish end of airports served by Southwest, but it looks like capability for 737 service is there. They would probably need to evaluate whether service at SBA would cannibalize BUR too much (definitely doing a brisk business over there).

Are there any gates open?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Pcook000
Explorer C

This is a very needed destination.  If you can’t do Santa Barbra please come Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo.  I am about to switch credit cards because it is too hard to always drive to Burbank or San Jose!!!

catsdad
Explorer C

I live in San Luis Obispo and will only fly Southwest which I have done for the past twenty five years we have lived in California.  I generally fly out of LAX.  The only logical, and I dare say economically viable place for Southwest to headquarter on the Centel Coast would be Santa Maria.  It has a long enough runway to accommodate any size plane, even the largest military planes.  It has plenty of free parking.  A Radisson Hotel right at the airport.  Is within an hours drive, or shuttle ride from SLO or SB.  Closer to Fresno/Bakersfield than SF or LA.  Only has one airline currently and would make a great set up location for Southwest new Hawaii flights.