Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Seattle-Boston Route Suggestion

Sierra
Explorer C

I am a student from Seattle studying in Massachusetts. Southwest is by and large my favorite airline to travel, but unfortunately I can never fly Southwest because there is no direct flight from Seattle to Boston and back. While I know the airline can't accomodate for every passenger's specific needs, I believe a nonstop Seattle-Boston flight would be very beneficial to many passengers. I'm certain that Southwest's checked baggage policies would be extremely popular for cross-country travel such as this, especially for students. I appreciate Southwest taking note of this suggestion! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seattle-Boston Route Suggestion

dfwskier
Aviator A

You probably should contact SW customer relations with your suggestion, as this forum is a customer to customer set up. Going directly to SW customer relations will likely be more productive as you would be dealing with SW employees..

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Also, I understand that direct is best, but I frequently connect going from east to west and back. It worth it to me to stick to SW. It’s even better if you can have a one stop no plane change situation. I find that connecting through Denver is great because it is the least out of the way. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

Also, I understand that direct is best, but I frequently connect going from east to west and back. It worth it to me to stick to SW. It’s even better if you can have a one stop no plane change situation. I find that connecting through Denver is great because it is the least out of the way. 

I wish that they would actually allow for longer layovers so there would be time to sit down and eat, there are some good spots at Denver and Las Vegas which are two connecting airports that come up a lot for me.

I'd take direct first in almost any case if available for equivalent price, then I would prefer a 2-hour layover, and lastly I'd go for a 45 minute to 1.5 hour layover. No plane change would be my last choice, if I have a layover I'd rather get out and stretch than sit on the plane.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

At roughly 2,500 air miles, it's within the range of any of Southwest's 737s (perhaps with some payload restriction on the NG aircraft). And with only six or seven flights a day on three airlines, the market doesn't appear to be saturated.

The only challenge that I can see is breaking into a market dominated by Alaska (Seattle's hometown airline with an outstanding service reputation) and JetBlue (another airline with an outstanding reputation and an employee culture second only to Southwest). Fares are probably already low given the carriers serving the market.

It's certainly worth a try. Maybe they could test the demand out of Paine Field.