Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Sell Your City Thread!

findaves
Explorer A

Why should people visit your city? What gives it its heart? Provide some travel inspiration to other folks, and look at your city with fresh eyes! I'll start.

I live in York, Pennsylvania. Coming from Arizona, the existence of seasons is possibly the most exciting thing I've experienced. There's snow, and a beautiful park at the end of my street. The leaves change color in fall, and the winter is not brutal, though it is colder than Phoenix area. So far, there hasn't been a single snowfall bad enough to be afraid to drive in my little compact car. The buildings are old and gorgeous, and summer is hot but not terribly so. There are hills, and a bunch of cities and lakes and bridges and green all around. There's public transportation, easily accessible groceries, coffee shops, and restaurants, and a lot of art galleries. There's also a large market downtown, and it's about an hour to an hour and a half from Baltimore, 35 min from Harrisburg, and less than 2 hours from Philadelphia. There are a bunch of nearby hiking trails at differing levels of difficulty, and nature everywhere. There is also a large Amish contingent not far from city central, and Lancaster is about a 30 minute drive away.

What do love about your city? Make me want to visit!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sell Your City Thread!

franktravel
Aviator B