Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Cancelling Routes from HOU to CZM, CUN, and Costa Rica No Notice

Matt4202
Adventurer A

Looks like SW just updated their travel advisory to cancel all routes from HOU to Mexico and Costa Rica. I noticed when going to check if my rates had dropped, only to see unavailable all flights. I went to check my flight, when I clicked it a pop up came up saying your flight was cancelled. Also, any flights to Costa Rica are completely cancelled and unavailable from any SW Airport even LAX or BWI all of them. This route is cancelled effective last night at midnight apparently.

On top of that it was paid for with Travel Funds, but nothing was added to my RR account in terms of Travel Funds.

Just letting everyone know to check your reservations if you had any of these routes. In June/July they could very well change and go back to these routes with increased prices.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest Cancelling Routes from HOU to CZM, CUN, and Costa Rica No Notice

mayabulleit
Explorer A

Hmmm? Seems SWA may be arbitrarily cancelling. Flying into Cancun 7/3-7/12. Just checked my, my mom's, and my cousin's reservations, and they are still there--no cancellation, YET. I'll post here if or when they are cancelled.

mayabulleit
Explorer A

I forgot to add that we are flying through Houston, to Cancun.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

When SW was about to change their flight status to CZM I was sent an email that it might be coming and to consider changing myself.  When I failed to act, they finally sent me an email of the cancellation of the trip and asked what I wanted to do, change dates was an option or refund.  I chose the refund, but hope to book again soon.  It actually looks like I can now go for much cheaper after July.  I hope you get a good resolution for your trip.  SW has been good to me.