Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest needs more flights out of seattle

Will0329
Explorer B

For the past 5 years I have been flying from seattle to burbank,California on southwest with a connection in the bay area or Sacramento,California.

I moved to seattle 5 years ago from southern California.

As soon as the pandemic started in April 2020 I have unfortunately had to switch to alaska airlines to fly from seattle to burbank.

Southwest is much cheaper than Alaska airlines by a long shot.

Before covid I used to fly from seattle to burbank in 4 hour and 4.5 hours including the connection.

With covid Southwest changed their schedules where the flight from seattle to burbank takes 8 or 9 hours with long layovers in places like Denver and Phoenix.

I hope southwest brings back their pre covid schedule otherwise im stuck with overpriced alaska airlines.

Alaska air for many many years charges $300 oneway for advanced purchase from seattle to burbank non stop plus $30 oneway for each piece of checked luggage. Southwest advanced purchase for seattle to burbank including 2 pieces of checked luggage is $75 oneway including taxes.

Please southwest bring back you seattle to burbank flights with a connection in oak,sjc or smf.

It doesn't make sense for southwest to offer flights from seattle to burbank with connections in Denver and Phoenix with a 5 hour layover.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest needs more flights out of seattle

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Schedule changes have been rough lately. Hopefully once travel starts to pick up more they will add flights back and you can get back to the 4 hour flights instead of 9 hours or the overpriced Alaska flights. 

You can also share your feedback on the route changes with southwest directly though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake