Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest should start flying from Phoenix to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point)

calamia322
Explorer C

I just got back from a trip to Rocky Point Mexico and real estate is booming down there, and it is a such a cool place, with great food, and cheap booze. I think many people would prefer to fly then drive the 4 hours, just like people do from Phoenix to Vegas. It is the closest Mexican city, and has a ton to do and is only getting busier. Once Southwest starts flying there, and adds other city like San Diego and LA to Puerto Penasco flights, this city in Mexico will explode. Believe it or not more people traveled to Rocky Point Mexico in 2018 then Cabo. Start with a few flights on weekends going there Friday midday and coming back Sunday evening, and just fly during the prime months like March to September. I know this will grow to be a popular route, and many people will get the chance to see just how cool Rocky Point. Southwest can give me the credit later for recommending this 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest should start flying from Phoenix to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point)

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I recommend sending your suggestion to Southwest directly by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page that way they can document your destination suggestion. 

-Blake