Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stuck in Mexico - thanks SW!

tri650
Explorer B

SW couldn't try harder to totally screw up this situation. Flight back to St. Louis from Puerto Vallarto was cancelled due to weather conditions in Denver - I guess.  Got a notice that they were refunding my pre-booking $'s.  Only later did I get a notice that the flight was cancelled. Tried to re-book and ran into a one series of roadblocks after another.  First, rebooking site was down.  Seriously??  Then, no number working from PV into customer assistance.  Again, seriously??  Not even the Mexico number they provide.  WTF??  I need to get back to St. Louis and they are showing that I can't get a flight out until until Sunday?  I finally got a number to call and i have a 2+ hour wait????   And I have to listen to these idiotic SW employees talking about how great their airline is???  SW you really lost a loyal customer with this fiasco.  If you can't get me home until Sunday I need to know where I send the bill for my extra accomodations. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Stuck in Mexico - thanks SW!

tri650
Explorer B

Hey, I just got updated to something stupid because of my first post.  Still haven't gotten a response to my complaint, but at least I am now upgraded to some stupid classification due to my posting.  Thanks SW!!  Very helpful!

tri650
Explorer B

After 2 hours of waiting the line went dead!!!!! Are you **bleep**ing kidding me!!!  Now I need to start over again.  Another 2 hour plus wait!!  I literally hate you SW.  Never again.  Thanks for treating a loyal customer like a piece of **bleep**.

bec102896
Aviator A

@tri650 

im sorry you have had issues with your flight and the rebooking process

From what I have been hearing weather in Denver has been bad today. Why would Denver matter you may ask? Well even if your not flying to Denver your inbound flight could be coming from Denver so if it can’t get to you then they had no choice but to cancel your flight.

with the rebooking issues I know at one point this evening the online system was having issues I’m not too sure if that’s still the case but you could try again and see if it works. The phone lines are packed right now because of the MAX 8 being grounded and it’s just a mess with people changing and canceling flights.

at this time I would try to reach out to Southwest on Twitter it may take some time for them to respond but they will respond as soon as they can.

-Blake  

tri650
Explorer B

I get it that it is a mess right now. However, shutting down the rebooking site and providing a non working number is not cool.  They ran me around for over an hour until I finally got a working number and then 120+ minute wait.  Very, very frustrating. At 1:48 and still waiting.  Trying to enjoy my last night in PV and it has not happened.  Have no idea when I will be getting home and have family issues that need to be addressed ASAP.  I have other carrier options but want SW to solve this issue.

bec102896
Aviator A

Also on top of messaging on Twitter you can send a message on Facebook. 

tri650
Explorer B

I don't do twitter and I hate facebook.  WTF???  Why do I need to go out of my way to get help from these people?  So it is my responsibility to track these people down to actually help me after I paid them money for a flight???  No **bleep**ing way.  I absolutely can't believe I was disconnected after waiting for 2 hours during a social gathering.  Now I need to wait another 2 hours for someone to take care of my needs.  I feel sorry for the person that answers the phone.  

tri650
Explorer B

Hey SW - you **bleep** the bed on this one. Now i can't even get an email through.  Thanks for showing your true colors.  Can't wait to never fly your airlines again.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@tri650ive been stranded in Mexico before. Not cool at all and beyond frustrating. Have you talked to anyone at the airport who work SWA? I have found that face time in situations like this go further than a phone call or email. Good luck on getting home. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

tri650
Explorer B

Thanks - I am still at our villa we are renting. Would not be able to get to airport until tomorrow and don't want to take the chance of going there and then being sent back.  Now on hold again on phone - 1:15 so far.  If they disconnect me again at 2:00 I will then take up your suggestion to confront someone in person at airport.  I am not sure they could have made this more difficult if they tried.