Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Stuck in Mexico - thanks SW!

tri650
Explorer B

Disconnected again at 2 hours.  I want to scream.  SW you are unbelievable. 

tri650
Explorer B

And also thanks for not responding to email, facebook or twitter.  Going to bed.  Can't wait to connect with a live person tomorrow.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

😞

Unfortunately, Southwest is dealing with a "perfect storm" of weather cancellations, an "operational emergency" stemming from a labor disagreement with their mechanic's union (which is causing an abnormally high number of flight cancellations) and now the grounding of their 737 MAX aircraft.

My best suggestion, if you're unable to be accommodated at the airport, would be to arrange new travel on another carrier. Since your flight was cancelled you can contact Southwest later, when things have hopefully returned to some sort of normalcy, and request a full refund.

Good luck.

tri650
Explorer B

i used points so basically I would be getting points back from an airline I never want to use again.  And now $1,000 out of pocket to fly another carrier.  They still aren't answering thier phones.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tri650 wrote:

i used points so basically I would be getting points back from an airline I never want to use again.  And now $1,000 out of pocket to fly another carrier.  They still aren't answering thier phones.

Do you have someone stateside that you could email instructions to and call on your behalf? That would at least take the international phone connection out of the equation.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@tri650 wrote:

I feel sorry for the person that answers the phone.  

My first job while I was in high school was in a customer facing role and it was thankless. I personally appreciated it when customers treated me with respect even though I wasn't the person in charge or making the decisions.

Customer | Home airport DCA

tri650
Explorer B

My issue is the total lack of communication.  I tried every option they had on their contact list - phone, email, twitter, facebook and forum.  Finally got someone through facebook (go figure) who told me what I already figured out on my own.  No flights until Sunday.  The most frustrating was waiting on hold for 2 hours - twice - only to be disconnected as soon as it went to 2:01. I ended up flying with Delta. The Airbus was a really nice plane.  Delta  experience was a lot better than SW.  Hard to go back to SW after this experience but I now have miles to use.  

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@tri650,

I'm truly sorry for the frustration and inconvenience. I know my apology doesn't change your situation, but I want you to know that we see and hear your concerns. We have all hands on deck in our Customer Support and Service and Customer Relations Departments, and we are committed to working with each Customer who desires to speak to us. 

The Southwest Airlines Community is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, so we do not have the tools here to address individual Customer Service issues, but you are welcome to share your thoughts and experiences here. It is my sincere hope that this one-off situation will not deter you from flying with us in the future, as I am confident we are capable of providing the Customer Service and travel experiences you expect from us.