Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TUS to MDW Nonstop

swcompanion
Explorer C

I was searching for a future roundtrip flight from TUS to MDW and could not find any non-stop flights.  Is Southwest discontinuing non-stop flights from TUS to MDW?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: TUS to MDW Nonstop

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think you may have answered your own question -- at least for the time being.

SW is short of both planes and crew and has to make hard decision about how it serves it's various markets

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You didn't specify when you are looking to fly, but there is a non-stop on Saturdays in April, May, and June.  I quit looking after I got to June.

I have always been surprised the non-stop TUS-MDW even existed.  The usual approach is to get smaller cities to feed into the nearest "hub" which would mean flights go to either DEN or DAL depending on which half of the country you are trying to get to.  I guess there's enough demand on Saturdays to keep the MDW route alive.

I am looking forward to visiting TUS this weekend, looks like great weather and it's always a pleasure being able to get in and out of the airport so quickly due to it's smaller size.

--TheMiddleSeat

swcompanion
Explorer C

I was looking mid week, and was just surprised because they've had non-stop there for years. Thanks for the reply.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I had a couple of work projects there coming from Chicago and it was nice to have that direct flight option. I guess it will be a connection next time!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.