Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tips for Traveling to Hawaii?

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

Do we have any Hawaii experts here? 

I've never been, so I'm curious about your favorite spots, food, or activities.

Hoping to check it off our list this year!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tips for Traveling to Hawaii?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There's something for everyone there so it all depends on what you are hoping for on your vacation.  For me it was all about playing beach bum on the north shore of Oahu.  I rented an AirBnb on the beach and ate at food trucks.  It was definitely not glamourous or luxurious, but was exactly what I wanted.

Two non-food truck recommendations I'll share:

In Honolulu, Alley Restaurant at Aiea Bowl was a great surprise.  Yes, it's in a bowling alley.

On the north shore, Ted's Bakery was a favorite for lunch.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

In Honolulu, Alley Restaurant at Aiea Bowl was a great surprise.  Yes, it's in a bowling alley.

--TheMiddleSeat

Next time I go to Honolulu I'll have to check this place out. I'm always down for a game of Bowling and some bowling alley food. In my years of bowling I've found some of my favorite meals at the bowling alley. 

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@bec102896 wrote:
In my years of bowling I've found some of my favorite meals at the bowling alley. 

I need to know more about this

bec102896
Aviator A

1st tip is to eat before you fly or bring snacks that flight is LONG. I went the 1st week SW started service to HNL and it was a blast even though i was only there 3 nights. I'm curious if they brought back the snack pack for Hawaii flights or is is still just the snack mix (which won't be enough for a 5-6 hour flight)

Hopefully the covid restrictions won't be as bad when you go. Nothing worse than spending your whole vacation in quarantine. 

Don't forget your swimsuit, sunscreen and flip flops.