Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unavailable

Evah
Explorer C

I frequently travel cross country. Because flights are full, I sometimes use BWI or other cities and book 2 flights, one in and one out.My booked cross country flight was canceled and SWA rebooked me hours later, making the connection impossible.When I went to redo it, all the flight slots are there, but they all show “unavailable. “The only way I can do this is either overnight in the middle of the country or book a car and travel three or four hours from a remote airport. What’s going on? It wasn’t like this a few days ago.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unavailable

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I'm not 100% sure I follow you here, but I do know that schedules are changing frequently as the airline tries to manage passenger load, safety, profitability, etc.

I would reach out directly to SW via one of the Contact Us methods found on the link at the bottom of the page here.  It might be helpful to choose a messaging option in case hold times are long.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

I believe what' going on is that the airline isn't selling any middle seat space thru the end of July. That was announced a few days ago.

So flights that showed available a few days ago, and are still scheduled but show as unavailable, likely hit the threshold where the airline won't sell anymore seats on them.

Since people cancel reservations all the time, you could keep checking to see if that happens on your desired flight. If it does, the airline will let you switch to it at no cost (must be same departure and arrival cities).

You could also check for other days of travel.

The other option is to check other airlines.

Evah
Explorer C

Usually they say “booked.”  I’m a frequent flier and have many SWA credits so was hoping to use them rather than another airline.  I hope they clear it up in a short time.