Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Update on Costa Rica

BlindDrunk
Explorer C

Can we get a better update on why Southwest has yet to resume service back to Costa Rica when other US Carriers have resumed service.?   It's been the same generic update for awhile now.  I understand "Service will resume at a later date", I just want to understand why?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Update on Costa Rica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No one here will know the answer to that question.  You have read Southwest's official statement, that's all you will get.  Keep checking back for more updates.

https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA&cbid=5573036

--TheMiddleSeat

denno
Adventurer B

“Amen” to that post. I would like to ask the same about Belize where United is flying from Houston and Denver.  “Why not Southwest” is the big unanswered question.  I am traveling in April and would like to get there on Southwest. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@denno wrote:

“Amen” to that post. I would like to ask the same about Belize where United is flying from Houston and Denver.  “Why not Southwest” is the big unanswered question.  

No one here will have the answer to that question. 

The only thing anyone can do is refer to the link in the post immediately above yours. When the airline decides to resume service, it'll tell you about it there.

denno
Adventurer B

Dfwskier, I would like to think this is a place where we as the Southwest Community can make our voices heard by the company, as well as each other, so that it will respond to issues of concern with pertinent information.  You seem to act as an apologist for inaction.  If this is all just fruitless exercise in "when I want your opinion I'll tell it to you," then the Community might as well be terminated.

LorrenT
Frequent Flyer A

Hi @denno, we hear your concern and hope to have service to some of your favorite international destinations (including Costa Rica) back soon! As @dfwskier mentioned, we don't have a concrete return to service date as of yet; but will be sure to provide updates once we do. Thank you for choosing Southwest as your preferred airline!

denno
Adventurer B

Thanks Lorren, but what you gave is a "non answer."  Please know and pass on in the company that we in the Community are the people who care very much about the success of Southwest Airlines.  Therefore, it hurts us when we see AA and UA doing (specifically in this case in the Caribbean and Central America) what Southwest had just really begun to do but stopped and didn't restart with no real explanation.  It's obviously not a lack of aircraft or crew.  Insufficient traffic?  Maybe.  But "we don't know when and we won't say why" just kind of leaves people deflated and thinking others can succeed where Southwest cannot.  Give us a little pep talk.  If it won't be till November, say so and provide something to look forward to.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@denno What part of no one here in the Community knows that answer is not clear? Those decision makers are not here and since nothing has been posted it's likely no decision has been made. 

--TheMiddleSeat

denno
Adventurer B

MiddleSeat, see Lorren’s reply, Just before yours. She is an employee.  In addition to talking to community members, the company does evidently see and respond to some items we raise so there is a value in seeking response or at least expressing concerns to the company through this forum. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, I know Lorren and I also know if she says there's no answer then there's no answer and no need to continue questioning it. 

--TheMiddleSeat