Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Southwest Airlines for hotel reservations

jburns362
Explorer C

Warning!    Do NOT use Southwest Airlines to book a hotel reservation in Las Vegas.   My room and my cousin’s room were cancelled without notice.  We were there for a cousin’s funeral.  He was a retired Southwest Airlines pilot.   Just a warning!  
Don’t get burned like we did.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Using Southwest Airlines for hotel reservations

bballflyer
Adventurer C

This is not good. Had you received a confirmation email and was it prepaid? if so what did the hotel do when showed it to them and did you get your refund?  I have been using sw to book hotel rooms all year, mainly to get points toward companion fare and I worry about a 3rd party.  So far I have not had any issues, but I do prefer to book with the hotel directly.  I have resorted to keeping a spreadsheet with all the confirmation numbers. 

05bardic
Adventurer C

That is absolutely terrible and I'm sorry it happened to you. However I don't think the blanket statement "Do NOT use Southwest Airlines to book a hotel reservation" is warranted. Many of us use them regularly in order to keep Companion Pass and in most cases there are no issues. 

Duffey24
Explorer C

This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing this.

Duffey24
Explorer C

This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing this.

Palm Beach County Property Appraiser

dfwskier
Aviator A

Technically it was a booking . com issue -- so any site using it as the provider for hotel booking could have had the same result. Sorry to hear that you ran into trouble